Hi Roomies, we know just how much you love your sweet treats so seeing as it’s National Baking Week we thought we’d test our baking skills (watch out this could get messy)! We’ve got an easy peasy chocolate cupcake recipe for you to make. Hey, why not get the kids involved as well -just watch out they don’t lick the entire bowl before you’ve finished!!
- 300g dark chocolate , broken into chunks – don’t use one with a high cocoa content
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g light muscovado sugar, plus 3 tbsp extra
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 150ml sunflower oil, plus a little extra for greasing
- 284ml pot soured cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Follow these instructions:
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line a 10-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Whizz the chocolate into small pieces in a food processor. In the largest mixing bowl you have, tip in the flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, 100ml soured cream, eggs, vanilla and 100ml water. Whisk everything together with electric beaters until smooth, then quickly stir in 100g of the whizzed-up chocolate bits. Divide between the 10 cases, then bake for 20 mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean (make sure you don’t poke it into a chocolate chip bit). Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, put the remaining chocolate bits, soured cream and 3 tbsp sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth icing. Chill in the fridge until firm enough to swirl on top of the muffins, then tuck in.
Mmmmm smells good! Post a picture of your cupcakes (or a cake of your choice) on Facebook and tag Gossip Bingo for the chance to win £2 free bingo cash! We’ll let you know the winner on Sunday!