Tag Archives: Gordon Ramsey
Hi roomies, it’s Xmas tomorrow -very exciting! Looking for a last minute main dish idea? Check out this delicious honey glazed ham recipe courtesy of the lovely Gordon Ramsey.
Here’s what you need:
- 2kg unsmoked boneless gammon joint
- 1 carrot , chopped
- 1 onion , peeled and chopped
- 1 leek , trimmed and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- about 25 whole cloves for studding
- 200g demerara sugar
- 25ml sherry vinegar
- 100ml Madeira wine
- 250g honey
Here’s how it’s done:
- Put the gammon in a large pan and cover with cold water. Add the carrot, onion, leek, cinnamon, peppercorns, coriander seeds and bay. Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer for around 2 1/2 hrs, topping up the water with boiling water if necessary. Scoop off any impurities that rise to the top.
- Carefully pour the liquid away (I like to keep it for making soup), then let the ham cool a little while you heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Lift the ham into a roasting tin, then cut away the skin leaving behind an even layer of fat. Score the fat all over in a criss-cross pattern, then stud cloves all over the ham.
- To make the glaze, put the sugar, vinegar and maderia in a pan and bring to boil. Add the honey, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Pour half of the glaze over the fat of the ham, roast for 15 mins, then pour over the rest and return to the oven for another 35 mins, basting with the pan juices 3-4 times as it bakes. Turn the pan around a few times during cooking, so the fat colours evenly, and keep basting. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 mins before carving. This can be roasted on the day or up to 2 days ahead and served cold.
Don’t worry, this is an EASY recipe and will serve 8 hungry Christmas guests!
Win a daily FREE Xmas gift every day till 31st Jan! Play Free Xmas Giveaway bingo game now at Gossip Bingo!
Whilst most of us were roaming the aisles of the supermarkets looking for the tastiest chocolate eggs at the cheapest price, 9 month Harper Beckham tucks in to some Michelin Star goodies –Gordon Ramsey style! The Beckham’s celebrated Easter with Ramsey and his family in Napa Valley, California. What better way to spend Easter than with a world renowned chef who happens to be really lovely when he’s not at work shouting at people!
Meanwhile, Victoria Beckham tweeted a selection of her Easter cupcakes – not bad Victoria, bet Gordon was impressed!
For the latest celebrity scoop and 24/7 free bingo head over to Gossip Bingo!